How to sign up for lessons
- During the first two weeks of the semester in which you would like to take lessons, come to the Lerner Center (formerly known as the Music Building; 201 South 34th Street) to pick up the necessary paperwork. You can also download and print out the materials at the bottom of this page.
- You will receive an application form and a contact list of instructors. It is your responsibility to contact an instructor to schedule the lessons.
- Once you and an instructor have agreed to work together, return your completed application form to the Music Building by the deadline (see below for more details).
- You must follow this procedure at the beginning of every semester in which you plan to take lessons.
- If you would like to take the lessons for credit (MUSC 005), follow the directions on the application. Once we have received your completed form, you will be issued a permit, and at that time you will be able to go onto Penn In Touch to claim your permit and to register yourself for the course.
Students receive ten (10) lessons per semester.
All student application forms for the Spring 2018 semester must be completed and returned to the Music Department by Wednesday, January 30, 2019.
All students must take their first lesson no later than Friday, February 8. Should you fail to meet with the instructor by this date, you will not be eligible for participation in the program this semester.
Private lessons in the Blutt College House Music Program are partially subsidized. The total cost of the lessons for the semester will appear on the student's Bursar Account.
Rates for College House Music Fellows and Professional Associates are as follows:
$60 per lesson for 60-minute lessons ($600 for the semester); $25 per lesson for 30-minute lesson ($250 for the semester)
Rates for Graduate Student Associates are as follows:
$40 per lesson for 60-minute lessons ($400 for the semester); $15 per lesson for 30-minute lessons ($150 for the semester)