The Department of Music is pleased to present the Penn Flutes ensemble under the direction of Michele Kelly.
- Rumanian Folk Dances, Béla Bartok
- Scheherazade, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
- Flute Fiesta, original for flute choir by Phyllis Avidan Louke
- Atlantic Air, original for flute choir by Keiron Anderson describing an ocean crossing
- Oblivion, Astor Piazolla
- Two Irish Waltzes, new arrangement by Darin Kelly
- Memories of East Tennessee, original piece featuring the Library Choir, written by Austin Allen Scott
- Traveling, Ricardo Matosinhos, featuring two senior flutists: Michael Ehart and Ben Foster
One of the largest active flute choirs in the United States, Penn Flutes is open to flutists if virtually all levels: undergraduate, graduate, faculty, staff and community members are welcome. Performances take place both on campus and around the region alongside our community partners. Repertoire spans a variety of genres from the Renaissance through Modern eras, and select members may be offered the opportunity to perform on piccolo as well as bass and alto flutes.