The Department of Music is pleased to present the second performance of Penn Chorale under the direction of Chorus Master and Conductor, Elizabeth Braden.
- Sure on this Shining Night, Morten Lauridsen. Text by James Agee
- Counting Stars, Ted Babcock. Text by the composer.
- Love of Fire, John Conahan. Text by Sarah Hudlow.
- Deep in the Night, Jennifer Higdon. Text by the composer.
- The Peace of Wild Things, Jake Runestad. Text by Wendell Berry
- Frostiana, Randall Thompson (selected movements). Poetry of Robert Frost: The Road Not Taken; Come In; Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening; Choose Something Like a Star.
- Stars, Eriks Esenvalds. Text by Sara Teasdale
Admission is free with Penn Card; $5 for general admission.
The Penn Chorale is a newly formed choral ensemble, making its debut in the 2019-2020 Academic Year. The Penn Chorale performs a variety of choral music with a special emphasis on repertoire written in 21st and late 20th centuries. The Penn Chorale rehearses once a week and perform two concerts each year.